Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pictures from another weekend on the Island

One of our Papaya trees at dusk
A really awesome mural on our church of Jesus in a Thus (traditional men's clothes of Yap)

Me drooling on myself, showing off a mouth full of Betel Nut
My Niece and I after Church
My sweet Kitty and Me
My nieces and I being silly
Relaxing in the kitchen house with my basket for cleaning and carrying food like Taro
Grating Copra... "Kerker e marow" ..this is where we hang out all the time, never inside

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures show a happy girl among happy children! I am glad things are working out for you.
Cant wait until February and my visit to your Island take care and say hallo to all your famely out there from DAD

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday! I was able to read all the information that you had written in your blog. I must say you are a lot more adventuresome than I could ever be, but I do admire what you are doing.

You look happy in the photos I have seen and I am sure you will do just great. I think I'd have a hard time with the way you get to shower, me I love the hot water and for the most part the hotter the better.

I will be looking for the next installment. Have a good week and I do hope that the ringworm is gone real soon.

Heather

Anonymous said...

OMG! I was just browsing online when I came across your pictures!! You lived with my AUNT?! I saw pictures of my little cousins! Thanks for sharing. I hope to go home and visit soon =( I left home two year ago, now in Michigan going to school. I hope you enjoyed your stay back at my home island and with my family =)