Tuesday, October 14, 2008

MUD

I slipped and fell in the mudd... twice today while carrying a handful of letters to the post office. I was near the mud, because as I was walking to the Post Office to drop off my mail and check the box... there are no sidewalks so I was walking at the edge of the road... a car screamed past me nearly hitting me, so I jumped startled by this driver and walked to the road gutter a few steps where I slipped in the mud, and gracefully caught myself before I landed covered in mud. I stood up, wiped off my hand, took a deep breath relieved that I had caught myself... took two steps.. slipped once again, this time landing straight on my butt in the mud, my handful of letters going in the mud, and ending up covered. So, after two trips to the mud bath, with a handful of muddy letters that I could no longer mail.... I made it to the post office, where I had no mail, and small boys were laughing at this silly American covered in mud walking down the road.

This is life here... nothing goes as planned... nothing is predictable... nothing happens like you think it's going to happen.. and you better suck it up because some days, you're gonna be covered in mud.. whether you like it or not.

No comments: