Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 2 Continued

Our Training Group: Micro 75

Staging is officially complete, and now I'm enjoying the last part of my time in Los Angeles, before Hawaii.

The plan for the next few days and weeks is as follows:
-tommorow we head to Hawaii and stay overnight
-Sept 12 and 13 travel to Pohnpei for two days at a hotel where we will get shots, etc.
-The Next 3 weeks- we will be moving to a small rural community in southern Pohnpei called Madolenihmw, where we will have the first phase of our training. During this time we will be living with host families and they have told us that we should not expect to have access to internet or phone. So, no worries everyone if you don't hear from me. I'll be busy with training 6 days a week, soaking in everything I can about this new place I'll be living. (And taking lots of pictures!) I can still recieve mail during this time though..hint...hint...

After the second week they will give us our permanent site assignments where we will be working for the next 2 years. They will divide our group into five parts: the four states of Micronesia, Pohnpei, Chuuk, Kosrae, and Yap, and Palau, which is a seperate country from the FSM but is included in our group.

After the first 3 weeks, we will split up into our five groups to begin phase 2 of training in the main islands that we will be serving.

So much to think about, but I'm sure it will all be amazing. Thanks for all the support and love!

No comments: