Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm moving to Micronesia and Palau!!

Well... It's official. Last week I accepted my invitation to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Federated States of Micronesia and Palau where I will be doing ESL Teaching and Community Development untill November 2010. After months and months of the application process, it's official, I'm really going in about a month and a half I'll be leaving on a jet plane to begin my life in the Peace Corps. I'm nervous, excited, scared, happy, and exstatic all in one. After years of thinking about doing it, and months of actually doing it, it was surreal to get the package in the mail. "You have been invited to serve in the Peace Corps" Wow! And after much thinking and debating as to whether or not it really was the right thing for me to do at this point in my life, I made the decision, I called my Placement Officer and I accepted. So here it begins. Hopefully this blog will serve as a way for me to share my story and experiences with friends, family, and anyone interested in knowing about what it's like to live and work as a Peace Corps volunteer in the western pacific islands.

Here is a map of my soon to be new home country for those of you who may not have heard of this country before.


1 comment:

lusubo said...

I am so, VERY proud of you Verina. I wish you ALL the success in the universe and remember, when you may feel like givign up just remember that this is a life experience. It is an experience that you will forever look back on and have a feeling of pride and accomplishment. Go for it. OXOXOX,Lu